Business Visas

The United States and foreign countries have attempted to facilitate investments and exchanges as well as professional commercial services between business people who are American and qualified foreign nationals thus allowing them to cross international borders with a greater degree of frequency and legal authority.
Four visa categories have been established relative to such movement: 1. The B1 visa for business visitors; 2. The H visa for professionals; 3. The E1 and E2 visa for importers/exporters and ; 4. The L1 visa for intracorporate transfers;
In order to be able to use one of these temporary visas within their framework, it is imperative that applicants be business people. The agreements define a business person to be one who is involved in the trade of goods or services or who is an active investor.
The principal objective of the immigration status is to ease travel for business people, be they American or foreigners, between reciprocal countries on the condition that they do not intend to establish a permanent residence in the U.S.A.

The B-1 Visa for Business Visitors.
In order to be able to enter temporarily in the United States, a business visitor must declare the specific reasons for his visit and should be included in one of the seven professional categories.
They are the following:
research and design; business expansion; manufacturing and production; marketing; sales; distribution; active sales service; general services such as: management, financial services, public relations, advertising and tourism.
Professionals and people who do business without being paid in the United States, will have to acquire a B-1 visa at the American Consulate in their home country.
Moreover, a person can enter the United States with a B1 visa for the purpose of after sales service on equipment or machinery bought in a foreign country.
This will apply for the life of the guaranty or service agreement.
The business visitors not listed above with a B1 visa will be equally admitted without another visa for as long as they can prove at the border, that they come temporarily to the United States to do legitimate business, to attend a conference, or for any other legitimate business reason and as long as they are not paid a salary while in the United States.