How do I change my address with USCIS?

The notice of change of address applies not only to Non-immigrant Visa Holders, such as F-1, H-1B, O-1 Visa and so on, but as well to green card holders. Providing the USCIS with your change of address it is a condition of a requirement of an individual’s stay in the United States. Visitors who do not comply with the change of address requirement during their stay in the United States will be considered “Out of Status”.

You must report a change of address within 10 days of moving within the United States or its territories. This process is straightforward and allows you to complete everything online.

You can change or update your address online, please visit the USCIS website It will ask you if this change of address is for an application or petition currently in progress. This will help USCIS to ensure that you receive any notices or documents without delay.

The first form you will need to complete is form AR-11. Once you complete this form, the system will prompt you to complete the second step and update your address on any pending or recently approved applications and petitions.

If you fail to update your address, you may face harsh consequences. You may be subject to deportation and other stiff penalties.